The Marketing Rx Process
Social media is like a fine chocolate: Sweet, addictive and satisfying. However, it can also be hazzardous if consumed inappropriately.
We work with a lot of first time social media customers, AKA the Twitter Terrified and the Facebook Mystified. Let me guess… You're a little confused and possibly even overwhelmed by all the social media noise out there but you have a vague understanding that you need to get on the Social Media Train before it passes you by. *TOOT TOOT!* Sound familiar? Don't worry – You're not alone.
I personally have 17 years media experience and six of those years were spent selling radio and discovering the power social media. Oh, and when I say 17 years, I'm not including the decades of experience that my team possesses. Combined, we have, like, a billion years of collective knowhow. Well, billions may be a slight exaggeration but I'm chronophobic; the enormity of time and its relentless onward march freaks me out and I tend to round up when I'm estimating so I don't get sidetracked contemplating the gaping maw of eternity and how incidental our collective existence truly is…
Sorry about that… Where was I? Social media. Right.
One of the things that tends to cause the most anxiety is the process of getting started with social media. Let me walk you through the process…
- You call Marketing Rx for our first chat and you find out I'm pretty damn cool. *snap
- We meet and sip on social and lattes.
- I ask you all kinds of questions about your business, your marketing, your current social media platforms and the platforms of your competitors. Then we talk about your goals and how to get you there.
- I go away and do a Social Media Check Up where I analyze your social media, your online presence and that of your competitors. It doesn't hurt… really… not much anyway… not in any physical sense…
- As I'm off compiling this enlightening report, you creep the Marketing Rx Facebook page and Twitter account and realize that (SPOILER ALERT!) I'm a not really a doctor at all… I'm a social media superhero and my doctor persona is a disguise. But don't tell anyone.
- We meet again, sip more social and lattes and I present my findings and as well as your Social Media Solutions. We'll talk about things like social media training and design all the way up to full on social media management options.
- When we uncover the option that will serve you best, we discuss the start date and you sign on the dotted line stating that you approve of the plan.
- I tweet "Social Media Superhero Client just signed today!" There is much rejoicing across the land.
- An initial deposit is paid to Marketing Rx.
- We celebrate with superhero fake flying around the coffee shop. After a few hours, we book a date for a celebratory lunch and wine!
- Our Marketing Rx Team of Superhero's (Ninja's, Dragons, etc) go to work to implement the social strategies designed to give you the best results.
- You watch your social media followers grow. And you're not even doing anything! It's our secret team of superheroes doing it! You're so sneaky!
- After 30 days we review your social media and analyze the results. We make small adjustments if necessary.
- Great news! You're officially a Social Media Friendly Retail Company.
- You refer your friends to me… your favorite little doctor/superhero.
- We drink more wine and celebrate your success and watch your competitors scratch their heads and wonder what's happened to their market share.
Lets get started!